Thursday 27 December 2012

The Cottage Garden ...in the making



This is Thatch Cottage in the making...
Meanwhile outside the cottage was still in need of work.  
 
 



Around the walls I stuck pieces of cardboard that I’d cut out into random stone shapes.  I covered all this with tissue paper and PVA glue, you gota love PVA glue, its great stuff! When set I painted with a matt white.




I got some fake grass and set about deciding on where to place it. 




That decided I continued with the gate and the paving.  I had miniature paving stones which I laid dry first to check where they fitted.  They didn’t seem to be high enough so I raised them with some cardboard.Once I was happy I stuck the paving down and filled the gaps with grout.






To complete the effect I stained the gate, made a small step from card and tissue paper and added some moss growing in the cracks in the wall.

 






Now to make some flowers... this was my first every attempt at flowers, I learned a lot and know how I could make them ten times better in the future but for now, here they are along with a few other finishing touches such as a bird bath, a washing line post and a watering can, all made with my own fair hand lol.








 Lastly I needed a garden table and chairs, I couldn't find what I wanted in the shops so I made my own.






Add the odd spot of moss and a few dirty plant pots and you’ve got a garden to be proud of :)





5 comments:

  1. Fantasic cottage! Looks so real!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Gil,
    das ist eine klasse Hütte. Sieht toll aus und noch besser
    finde ich, das du mit Pappe und Papier so kreativ bist.
    Bitte unbedingt so weiter machen !!
    Liebe Grüße
    Skiddi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cottage! I love it!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete