Thursday 27 December 2012

Making the Kitchen Sink Unit



This is Thatch Cottage in the making...
Here are some more pictures of the inside before I filled it with furniture...










Now for some furniture...
I wanted to make a Belfast sink, I remembered one from when we moved into a old house when I was small.  It was huge and we also had them at school.  I decided to make the sink from clay.  It was a bit fiddly but I managed it.  

Next was the sink unit.  I wanted this to look as if someone had crudely built it into the cottage so I set about creating a frame and to which I added a couple of shelves.  I wanted it to be left open and have nothing but a curtain to cover its contents.  I painted it an old brown colour and then glued the sink in place.  Then I stretched a little wire across the openings and added the curtain, the wire meant I could give the effect of a ‘dipping’ curtain.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment